Aleksandr Emerel, DPM
Those who suffer from knee pain may be reluctant to see an orthopedic specialist because they feel as though surgery may be their only solution. This is not always the case, and there are various ways in which your discomfort can be alleviated without surgical...
Pickleball is all the rage. Each day, more and more individuals, across all age groups are heading to the pickleball courts. With over 4.8 million participants nationwide in 2022, and 39.3% growth over the last two years, pickleball has become the fastest-growing...
During the cold winter months, the days are shorter, and the weather is chillier, making it harder to maintain an outdoor exercise plan. Regular exercise is important, so we want to encourage and inspire you with creative ways to keep you moving! Give yourself...
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Lower Extremity Trauma
- Ankle Arthroplasty
- Undergraduate — Marist College
- DPM — Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
- Residency — New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, PMSR/RRA (Chief Resident)
- Fellowship — Broadlawns Medical Center Foot & Ankle Reconstruction and Trauma
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery – Board-Certified in Foot and Reconstructive/Rearfoot Ankle Surgery
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS)
- Pennsylvania Podiatric Medical Association (PPMA)
- American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA)
Dr. Emerel took an early interest in Foot & Ankle when he participated in Division I Track & Field/Cross Country at Marist College. During his time as a podiatry student and resident, he completed many competitive races including Philadelphia Marathon and Broad Street Run. After residency, he completed advanced training in complex lower extremity traumatic fractures and ankle arthroplasty/implant at Broadlawns Medical Center in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Emerel was born in Moscow, Russia and is fluent in Russian.