Matthew Costa, D.O.
The Pluses & Perils of Pickleball
Pickleball is all the rage. Each day, more and more individuals, across all age groups are heading to the pickleball courts. With over 4.8 million participants nationwide in 2022, and 39.3% growth over the last two years, pickleball has become the fastest-growing...
Winning the Winter Season – How To Stay Active During the Winter Season
During the cold winter months, the days are shorter, and the weather is chillier, making it harder to maintain an outdoor exercise plan. Regular exercise is important, so we want to encourage and inspire you with creative ways to keep you moving! Give yourself...
How to Avoid Common Winter Injuries this Cold Season
By Joseph Stellabotte, M.D., sports medicine specialist at Premier Every year, 'Old Man Winter' brings with him an assortment of sprains, strains, and fractures. But following a few simple steps can lower the odds that you or a loved one suffers a winter weather...
- Sports Medicine
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
- Cranial Osteopathy
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Ultrasound Guided Percutaneous Tenotomy
- Undergraduate — West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- D.O. — Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- MBA — Saint Joseph’s University Haub School of Business
- Residency — Crozer Health
- Fellowship — Crozer Health
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Osteopathy
Dr. Costa currently serves as the team Osteopath for the Philadelphia Union II. During his training, Dr. Costa served as assistant team physician for the Philadelphia Union soccer teams. Additionally, he has taught Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine in Germany.
When not in the office, he enjoys spending time surfing, skateboarding and fishing.