Michael Birns, M.D.
The Pluses & Perils of Pickleball
Pickleball is all the rage. Each day, more and more individuals, across all age groups are heading to the pickleball courts. With over 4.8 million participants nationwide in 2022, and 39.3% growth over the last two years, pickleball has become the fastest-growing...
Winning the Winter Season – How To Stay Active During the Winter Season
During the cold winter months, the days are shorter, and the weather is chillier, making it harder to maintain an outdoor exercise plan. Regular exercise is important, so we want to encourage and inspire you with creative ways to keep you moving! Give yourself...
How to Avoid Common Winter Injuries this Cold Season
By Joseph Stellabotte, M.D., sports medicine specialist at Premier Every year, 'Old Man Winter' brings with him an assortment of sprains, strains, and fractures. But following a few simple steps can lower the odds that you or a loved one suffers a winter weather...
- Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine
- Undergraduate — Emory University
- Medical School — Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Internship — Lenox Hill Hospital
- Residency — Lenox Hill Hospital
- Chief Executive Resident — Lenox Hill Hospital
- Sports Medicine Fellowship — Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic/Cedar-Sinai Hospital
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
Dr. Birns acted as an assistant team physician to the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Kings, Anaheim Ducks, and USC Football teams